Sensuality is defined as being pleasing or fulfilling to the 5 senses.
The 5 senses are - Sight - Sound - Smell - Taste - Touch
Satisfying the senses is food for the soul.
Designers and most people in every culture generally agree that we have positive feelings of a space or object that we ‘feel’ is sensuous. It influences our perception and it affects our experience.
There is a definite relationship between design and sensuality.
The “basic” sensual design visual vocabulary include:
- Organic – The curves of the human body and living beings
- S - Curves and Shapes – The grand piano, snakes, water, flowers
- Soft and Warm – Feeling to the touch, tactile
- Smooth – No jagged or sharp edges
- Dance and Movement – Ballet, dancing in general.
Expressing sensuality through spaces can change lives.
The more senses we employ, the more memorable , the more effective the space, the more we feel …. Alive! Sensuous Spaces can be expressed in words and images.
My Dream Is To Build A Sensual World …. One Interior At A time.
And, upon sharing my thoughts, my desire is for you to be:
- More aware of your surroundings,
- More aware of how these spaces make you feel,
- More present with heightened senses.
Go Forth … and… Build Your Own Sensual World. Dolores